- All-Skills/Hitting Instructors:
• Owns over 1,500 career coaching victories, winning games at over 750 winning percentage.
• Coached teams to 6 high school state championships.
• Coached 8 American Legion state championship teams.
• Coached 1 national championship high school team.
• Pitching coach for 1999 and 2000 NCAA Tournament participant, Creighton Bluejays
• Coached for Team USA 1996-2000
• Named Olympic Development Coach of the Year
• Inducted into Omaha Sports Hall of Fame
• Inducted into the National High School Baseball Coaches Association Hall of Fame
• 3-time national high schoool baseball coach of the year (1984, 1990, 1995)
• Over 20 Years of Professional Baseball Experience
• Played 2.5 seasons in the Majors with the Boston Red Sox
• 2 years experience in Japanese Major Leagues
• Japanese Baseball CO-MVP with Ichirio Suzuki in 1997
• Japanese Home Run Champion in 1997
• 5-time Minor League All-Star
• Coached multiple USSSA State Championship Teams at the youth level
• Former minor league hitting instructor for the Anaheim Angels
• Former head coach of Millard South High School
• Coached 1980 High School State Champions
• 1980 Nebraska High School Coach of the Year
• Former Associate Amateur Scout for Phiadelphia Phillies Organization
• Currently the Director of Camps at UBA
• Currently Millard Athletic Association Dean of Instruction
• Director of Fall Instructional Baseball League
• Played college baseball at Arkansas State
• Played two pro seasons in the Pittsburgh Pirates organization
• Author of the book "Baseball in the Prose"
• Television analyst for Omaha Royals TV
• Broadcast voice for College World Series 1998-2002
• Left-handed pitching specialist
• Radio host of the "Ultimate Baseball Show" on Big Sports 590!
• Former pitcher at Iowa Western CC and the University of Nebraska-Omaha
• 6 Years of professional pitching experience with the New York Mets and Philadelphia Phillies
• Pitching coach of 2007 Class B American League State Champions
• Pitching instructor since 1998
John Manganaro (Hitting, Pitching, Catching) Back to Top
• Spent 20 seasons with the Wayne State College (WSC) baseball program and served 17 years as head coach.
• Compiled an overall record of 506-309-1 (.620) and was 198-54 in Northern Sun Conference play (.785)
• Won six straight NSIC regular season titles (2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009)
• In 2009, Manganaro tied the WSC school record for wins in a season, going 45-15 overall and 27-4 in the NSIC to capture a sixth straight regular season title.
• NSIC Coach of the Year four times, earning the award in 2001, 2006, 2007 and 2009
• Selected as the Omaha World Herald Midlands College Coach of the Year in 2009.
• Helped produce at least one All-American in six of his last seven seasons at WSC.
• Omaha Westside 2000-2004, 2 State Titles
• 2 time All-State
• All-Region Team 2004
• Holds record for career pitching wins at Westside
• Nebraska-Lincoln 2004-2007, CWS Participant 2005
• 1st team MIAA All-Conference 2009 @ UNO
• 1st team All-Region 2009
• 2nd in Career Batting Average at UNO
• 2004 All-State (Colby, KS)
• Member of Colby Community College Regional Runner-Up Team 2006
• Member of two NSIC Conference Championship Teaat Wayne State, 2007- 2008
• 2009 infield coach at WSC under Coach John Manganaro earning an NSIC conference championship
• Currently coaches the Millard South High School reserve team who won the 2009 NRBL state title
• UBA Fall Elite Team Coach & UBA camp coordinator
• Played 4 years at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln
• Played on 2 College World Series Teams
• 3 Time Big 12 Champion
• 2000 Greater Omaha Sports Top Scholar Athlete of the Year
• 2004 University of Nebraska Lincoln Student Athlete of the Year Finalist
• 3 Time First Team Academic All Big 12
• Drafted by the St. Louis Cardinals
• 5 Years of Professional Pitching Experience in the Cardinals Organization
• 3 Time Minor League All-Star
• Rolaids Relief Man of the Year Runner Up 2006
• Millard South Pitching Coach (Since 2008)
• UBA White Elite Pitching Coach
Copyright 2009 Ultimate Baseball Academy: Baseball Training Facilities. All Rights Reserved.
• Two-time all-Class A pitcher at Millard South High School
• 28-4 record as a senior at Millard South with an 0.54 earned run average
• Led the UNO Maverick's as a freshman with 24 starts, 17 complete games, five shutouts, and three saves
• Named to the NCAA II North Central Region all-tournament team as a freshman
• Member of the all-MIAA second team as a Junior
• Was a member of the MIAA all-academic team.
• Named to the CoSIDA ESPN The Magazine all-District 7 academic second team
Monday - Thursday:
10AM - 8PM
Friday: 10AM -7PM
Saturday: 10AM -6PM
Sunday: 12PM -6PM
• Member of the 2002 Class B State Champion Nebraska City legion team
• Wayne State College From 2003-2008 - All American
• 2008 Central Region Pitcher of the Year
• Drafted By the San Diego Padres 29th Round and Played 3 years
• 2 time minor league all star
• Pitched in the 2013 World Baseball Classic for team Spain
• Pitching coach for the UBA Black Elite team
Coach Shockey is well known as one of the very elite baseball instructors. His knowledge of hitting and pitching is well respected at every level of the game. However, what really sets Curt apart from other instructors is his ability to "teach".